What To Bring

When you visit us for advice it is vital that the adviser who deals with your problem has as much information about your case as possible.

Here are the details of what you may need to bring with you:

List of Documents:

Debt/Money Problems
- Details of your income (wage slips, benefit and tax credit award letters, pensions etc.)
- Details of all those that you owe money to (creditors) and recent letters from them
- Copies of original loan agreements, where available
- Copies of any Court papers
- Details of household expenditure/bills (food, utilities, etc)
- Recent bank statements

Housing Problems
- Tenancy agreement/letters from your landlord (for rented accommodation)
- Mortgage details (if applicable)
- Title deeds (for owner occupiers)
- Proof of income
- Wage slips/benefit/tax credit/details

Employment Problems
- Employment contract
- Details of any disciplinary/grievance/dismissal issues
- Any recent letters from employers
- Staff handbook
- Copies of employment tribunal applications (if relevant)
- Proof of income
- Wage Slips/benefit/tax credit/details

Consumer Problems
- Full details of the goods or services causing the problem
- Copies of any contracts/credit agreements
- Any recent letters in connection with the problem
- Proof of purchase
- Proof of income
- Wage slips/benefit/tax credit/details

Immigration/Asylum Problems
- All letters from Home Office
- Passport (if applicable)
- details of any visas or permits
- Proof of income/NASS support
- Wage slips/benefit/tax/credit/details

Family and Personal Issues
- Any paperwork/letters relating to the issue
- Copies of original agreements
- Proof of income
- Wage Slips/benefit/tax credit/details

Welfare Benefit Issues
- All letters from Department for Work and Pensions (DWP
- Decision letters that you are not happy with or wish to challenge – this is essential
- Proof of income: wage slips/benefit/tax credit/details
- Bank Statement (latest copy)
- Details of any savings
- Tenancy Agreement/Mortgage details

Welfare Benefit Check
If you would like us to check that you are receiving the benefits and tax credits to which you are entitled, please bring the following information for everyone living in your home.

- Dates of birth
- Employment status (employed or self employed)
- Number of hours worked
- Gross income from employment for last tax year – April 6 to April5 (A P60 form will provide this or if self employed, last year’s accounts)
- Gross income for this year. Payslip is preferred. Estimate if self employed
- If you are receiving benefits at present, please bring all the benefit award letters
- Child care costs. Please bring something to show that the carer is fully approved along with how much you pay them.
- Investment income. Details of investments and latest interest payments. Bank statements may be the best way to show this.
- Rental agreement or current mortgage repayment
- Council tax bill
Other Problems
Any paperwork/letters/correspondence relating to the issue.