Volunteer with us
Interested in volunteering with Citizens Advice Edinburgh? Read on.
Our volunteers are the lifeblood of our charity. In 2015 volunteers contributed over 80,000 hours of service to bureaux in Edinburgh. Over 90% of Citizens Advice Edinburgh workers are trained volunteers.
Many people have found that their training and experience with CAE has been instrumental in finding paid employment or changing career. Our volunteers are recruited from all age groups, backgrounds and communities.
Volunteer and make a difference. Give advice with Citizens Advice Edinburgh.
As well as the satisfaction from seeing the difference you make, adviser volunteering will equip you with new skills that stay with you no matter what you do next. Many volunteers make friendships that can last a lifetime.
Opportunities for non-advisory roles include joining us as an:
- administrative volunteer
- information team volunteer
- reception volunteer
- social policy volunteer
- IT and computer maintenance volunteer
Current Volunteer Roles
What can we offer you?
- The satisfaction of helping people with their difficulties
- A chance to help your local community and meet new people
- An opportunity to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Improved prospects for employment
- A supported, friendly environment with regular social events
Open Days offer an opportunity for people to meet some of the staff and volunteers and learn more about our work. It is particularly valuable for people interested in training to become a volunteer adviser, though you will also have the opportunity to learn the various other volunteer opportunities we can offer.
The Next Citizens Advice Edinburgh Open Day will be held during: