As well as advising clients, volunteers support many other areas of our charity. We also recruit from time to time for Board members (trustees).
All volunteers must be willing to:
- Undergo training to familiarise yourself with the administrative systems of the Bureau
- Train to use the Bureau’s computer and software systems
- Work within CAE’s Equality and Diversity Policy
- Adhere to CAE’s principle of client confidentiality
- Work as a team member.
There is no obligation as to the number of volunteer hours you offer but in a volunteer administrative role we hope you will be able to offer the Bureau a minimum of 4 hours of your time each week.
If you take on a role as a volunteer with CAE a Volunteer Task Description will be drawn up for you.
The selection process may take a couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please fill out an application form.
Wednesday afternoon RECEPTIONIST Dundas Street Bureau (1pm-4.30pm)
We require a receptionist for our drop-in session on Wednesday afternoons.
Dundas Street is a busy city centre bureau and our drop-in sessions are well used. Many of our clients attend drop in sessions because they face an emergency or are vulnerable .
Our receptionist works with a team of advisers to ensure that clients are seen speedily and to manage expectations around waiting times.
Full training will be given.
· Welcoming clients attending bureau
· Obtaining client details prior to interview
· Managing clients’ waiting time and expectations
· Making appointments
· Managing interview room use and availability in conjunction with advisers
· Other administrative duties
· Good customer facing communication skills
· Attention to detail and organisational skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment, remaining calm
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Please apply via the application form.