Wednesday afternoon receptionist –Dundas Street Bureau (1pm-4.30pm)
We require a receptionist for our drop in session on Wednesday afternoons. Dundas Street is a busy city centre bureau and our drop in session are well used. Many of our clients attend drop in sessions because they face an emergency or are vulnerable . Our receptionist works with a team of advisers to ensure that clients are seen speedily and to manage expectations around waiting times. Full training will be given.
· Welcoming clients attending bureau
· Obtaining client details prior to interview
· Managing clients’ waiting time and expectations
· Making appointments
· Managing interview room use and availability in conjunction with advisers
· Other administrative duties
· Good customer facing communication skills
· Attention to detail and organisational skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment, remaining calm
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Please apply via the online application form here.
As well as advising clients, volunteers support many other areas of our charity. We also recruit from time to time for Board members (trustees).
All volunteers must be willing to:
- Undergo training to familiarise yourself with the administrative systems of the Bureau
- Train to use the Bureau’s computer and software systems
- Work within CAE’s Equality and Diversity Policy
- Adhere to CAE’s principle of client confidentiality
- Work as a team member.
There is no obligation as to the number of volunteer hours you offer but in a volunteer administrative role we hope you will be able to offer the Bureau a minimum of 4 hours of your time each week.
If you take on a role as a volunteer with CAE a Volunteer Task Description will be drawn up for you.
The selection process may take a couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please fill out an application form.