As well as advising clients, volunteers support many other areas of our charity. We also recruit from time to time for Board members (trustees).
All volunteers must be willing to:
- Undergo training to familiarise yourself with the administrative systems of the Bureau
- Train to use the Bureau’s computer and software systems
- Work within CAE’s Equality and Diversity Policy
- Adhere to CAE’s principle of client confidentiality
- Work as a team member.
There is no obligation as to the number of volunteer hours you offer but in a volunteer administrative role we hope you will be able to offer the Bureau a minimum of 4 hours of your time each week.
If you take on a role as a volunteer with CAE a Volunteer Task Description will be drawn up for you.
The selection process may take a couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please fill out an application form.
Telephone appointment assistant
Dundas Street Bureau
We require a telephone appointment assistant for our Dundas Street bureau for the following sessions:
· Tuesday am
· Tuesday pm
· Wednesday am
(Initially, in order to receive training during other sessions, a degree of flexibility would be helpful)
· Answering our busy appointments line
· Managing clients’ waiting time and expectations
· Making appointments with generalist and specialist advisers on our appointment system
· Taking messages for staff and specialists
· Other administrative duties
· Good customer facing communication skills
· Attention to detail and organisational skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment, remaining calm
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· A sympathetic and friendly manner.
Please apply via the online application form here.